22 July 2010

Seattle, Day 3

Today was a day for going to things that had a double meaning. ("Ha! 'Against my will I am sent to bid you come in to dinner;' there's a double meaning in that" - Benedict, Much Ado About Nothing - best of shakespeare's plays!!)

After class, I traveled to the space needle, which in the head looked like this: a sewing needle in space.



But was actually vaguely similar but not really to this:



See me all the way down there? It was really tall. I did not go up in it because I would have a panic attack and no one with me to drag me back down.

Plus it cost $20 to go up.

I don't know anyone who would pay $20 for a panic attack!!

So, to make myself feel better, I sat for a while and imagined I was space-needle sized and attacking cars (the red ones taste like cherries!).



Then someone told me I should go ride a duck. So, in my head, it should look like this:



But it looked like this:



The incredible offspring of an illicit union of a truck and a boat!

I asked, the wheels stay where they are and just keep spinning. Poor wheels must be so confused and like, "WTF, mate, there's no ground here!" And the passanger side wheel says, "Just keep going man! Just keep going!! We'll make it!" And the rear passanger side wheel is like, "Ahh, I don't think I can make it! I can't do it" and the last wheel says, "Don't give up! Never give up!"

It's all very dramatic.

After that, I went back to the hotel and went to bed.

1 comment: